Wednesday, January 29, 2003

There is one ultimate definition of Friend, the one that the Bible presents:
Romans 15:7 "Jesus chose you to be his friend. Accept one another, then, just as Christ accepted you, in order to bring praise to God."

For those of you who go to Bethany you know this is Holiness Advancement Week, and service last night was very touching for some. It was not only the message that was preached it was the ending time in prayer that impacted my life. God gave me great inspiration to be a better person for Him, to stop kidding myself and get serious with my walk. This is almost something that came as a shock to me, I thought that my walk with the Lord was good, I was doing devotions, prayer, everything that... well, is required... but I was not going above and beyond. There had been a situation that had been a hindrance to my spiritual life, only because I was trying to push it aside and not deal with what was really going on. So last night things changed.....
Communication is one of the hardest things that Humans have to do, and it is not something that can be avoided. Everyone communicates in one form or another, even if the communication is not to communicate?? Making any sense.
Well I personally have always been a 'non-communicator' I keep things low-key. My life and past to name a few things, last night I had a talk with a Dear friend and it was a talk that took me out of my comfort zone, one where communication needed to happen.
It is funny sometimes how things happen, I have been waiting for this talk, but when it came I found that I was with out any words to say. I had actually gone over what I was going to say when this talk came around, but when that time came I had not one of those recited words in mind. I was speechless. Although we covered a lot of what has been happening, there is still a ways to go. I am looking forward to this new crazy friendship though, I can see something different about this person, and it is going to be an adventure getting to know them better!

I have been scared senseless before... and I am just as scared of you as you are of me.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home