Tuesday, September 19, 2006

I am the best boyfriend in the world

because I am being Kate's personal assistant and posting this for her. :)

Work has taken over my life it seems and I know that Robert would second that. When I got back from visiting Maine at the end of July our manager resigned and since then Horseshoe never hired a new manager (or server for that matter to be able to cover his hours) and since we are a satellite clubhouse of the main resort ... they felt we could just work 60 hours a week for endless weeks until the golf season ends. Which is what I have been doing, reasonably speaking I am generally tired and fairly burnt out. Which is why I have totally sucked at keeping in contact with anyone of existence, other then resort members, family (whom I only see when I am not a zombie), and then Robert who will tell you I am tired… because I can go from unusual babblings one second to drooling because I fell asleep during praying, or have unbelievable mood swings that he (I) just shakes his head at. At times this feels like more work then getting my BA did.

So I get one day off a week which is usually Sunday since I requested that one... and I go to church; other then that I don't have a social life other then talking to Robert. I got a winter job at the resort at sports sales until Asbury Starts in January/February. Which Robert and I are planning on attending together as long as everything works out! Which brings me to my next point of how stupid the Canadian Government can be at processing paper work and how smart they can be at loosing it all….. BAHHHH bad associations there which I will try to hold my tongue and trust in the Lord to fix it all!

(this is Robert now...) K so that's pretty much all she wanted me to say about that, and now she wants me to talk about myself. I have said pretty much everything on my own blog, but I will say that it really has been a crazy month or more. Between me going to Kate's house all the time (I now list my license plate number as my home address when applying for things) and finding jobs and stuff. Kate has been pretty tired, that's not a lie...it's funny, I know that when she's worked an eight or nine hour day chances are she will turn into a pumpkin way before I'm ready to go to bed. :) But that's okay, it's been a part of us growing together and getting used to being around each other (even though it happens way less than it should...being physically together, that is). But things are going good...and this is our first "together" post which is pretty cool. So that's me...and you got her end of the story...and so now we are back to working and seeing each other every once in awhile. But in January that will end, praise Jesus!

I think that's all she wanted me to say. :) Enjoy and leave her a note if you still like to read her blog, because if you say you do then she will update more! :)

24 Comments:

At 8:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kate, i love you and miss you. It is so good to read about what is going on in your life.

Now Robert...I guess I can say that your probably pretty cool too since Kate thinks you are and there is that one time that P7brought me to my home in maine, that was cool.

from Becky K.

 
At 9:08 PM, Blogger Jo said...

I do I do. post post!

Kate is Great.

 
At 9:08 PM, Blogger Jo said...

yeah, and also, Kate, are you still planning on living in the dorms when you get here?

 
At 9:29 PM, Blogger Heather Durkee said...

Well, even if Robert did your posting...way to post!

 
At 9:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey!
Yes,I do check your Blog.
I hope it's ok for me to answer(I am forbidden to do that on C&R's Blog).
Pray for you daily!C&R's Mom

 
At 4:51 PM, Blogger His Beloved said...

i love you and miss you like crazy! another phone date is in order, even though we may both be zombies due to work and student teaching!! haha miss you beautiful friend!

oh, and way to go rob for posting! :)

 
At 5:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

what to say guys...I do what I can ;)

she's worth it!

 
At 9:47 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

oh..you two are SO getting married....blogging together...ATS together....it's so obvious! I guess the only other thing to know is....Do you grocery shop together? That's the one folks...that's the one...

 
At 10:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

we have indeed grocery shopped together...and I am always the navigator! (Kate hates reading the signs) so if that's all it takes to know we're getting married...man that was easier than I thought! :P

 
At 8:26 PM, Blogger t4stywh34t said...

Ahahahaha...if only that was all it took.

Grocery shopping's not too hard...if you really want to see if you'll do well as a married couple, try grocery shopping in a foreign country (Canada does not equal a foreign country, either).

 
At 8:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't listen to Mr. Imperial. Unless you are both in fabulous, easy-going moods, with a lot of money to spend, a cheap grocery store and similar pallates, grocery shopping can suck big time. (Just be prepared.) But at least you have the navigator part down. That is very, very important! :)

You guys are too cute.

And Robert, count your blessings! Try being engaged and going over 4 months with absolutely no physical contact and only occasional phone contact due to a 16 hour time difference. Now THAT sucks.

 
At 9:51 PM, Blogger Sarah Beth said...

I read your blog Kate. Sounds like life is crazy but good. Keep , or getting Rob to do it. Either works.

 
At 9:52 PM, Blogger Sarah Beth said...

I meant, keep posting, or getting Rob to do it. Oops

 
At 1:04 AM, Blogger Danielle said...

Okay, Kate...don't know you but KEEP A POSTING! It's worth it and we need more Christian gals on the net!

 
At 1:52 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I need more info to be sure...but all signs are good so far. I guess the next question is:
Was it a basket run, or a cart run?

It makes a difference you know. You can do a basket run with any ol' guy/gal you happen to be driving by the grocery store with. But a cart run...that's a whole nother ball game...

 
At 5:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

you know what...we don't even use baskets, we typically only run in and get what we need. which amounts to like 2 trips a day sometimes. but yea, no carts yet... that might happen once we're in Wilmore tho.

 
At 10:01 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Ah, planning for the future...another good sign Rob. It's looking good I must say, I mean blogging together...really...Andrew and I haven't even done that!! Impressive..genius...making memories that span the course of time....

You'll *know* when the day comes that you walk into the grocery store to do a 'grab' (shall we call it?) (or perhaps you've even begun doing baskets runs at this point) and you look at each other as Rob (or Kate) silently reaches for the cart. Then you'll know...this is it...THE ONE...

Then before you know it, you'll be telling the grandbabies..."Well, we went in to the store for what *I* thought was a quick grocery grab, and then I saw Rob reach for the cart. My heart nearly caught in my chest right then and there. When he looked at me as he wheeled that thing into the first aisle...I just knew kids...I just knew...

..gotta run...the tears are blurring my vision..can no longer type....

 
At 2:59 PM, Blogger Jo said...

ya'll are too fun. kristi, you can get away with saying anything. anything. not fair. :)

 
At 8:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

happiness is ...

 
At 2:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

it's true, she can :)

 
At 11:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

leaving you a comment to remind you to post. :)

I see you in 5 days... :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D: D :D :D :D :D :D

 
At 8:34 AM, Blogger Jo said...

Kate? I thought the deal was we comment and you post? Tell us about your favorite food or something. :)

 
At 9:28 PM, Blogger Warrior said...

tell your lazy boyfriend to update your blog!!!

 
At 10:35 AM, Blogger Jo said...

Kate! you're coming to Wilmore! I wrote details in an email. See ya!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home